Menu

(NEW) Server Application

This topic contains 69 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Brandon Roth 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author

noiranna
    Participant

User Name: noiranna

RP experience: I’ve rp’d in AoC, TSW & Champions Online.

How did you hear about us? Your post on Conan Exiles RP forums.

What makes you a good fit for the server?  In AoC I played on both Wiccana & Cimmeria and enjoyed rp’ing on both servers. It made the game alot more fun.

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who? No.

Rate the importance of RP to you. Very important, I find without rp a game can become a grind of gathering and leveling.

How do you feel about PVP? I don’t usually PVP but I believe the 2 parties should agree beforehand.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions? I understand the rules and guidelines.  I don’t have any questions.

Your STEAM profile link (must be a link, I will not search for you):

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198070102044/

niveD
    Participant

User Name:
    -dgal89

RP experience
    -Tabletops starting in my teens, over a decade ago
    -Text based on forums and other MMOs
    -Larps in both parlour form and widescale form
    -Currently invested in:
    *weekend long post-apoc Larp, been a member for 3 years
    * world building for a future space larp sim starting in a month
    *DM’ing and playing 5e D&D

How did you hear about us?
    -Currently searching for an RP community. Found the Conan Exiles RP website and saw that this server was the most recently active thread.

What makes you a good fit for the server?
    -I understand what RP is and how important immersion is. I don’t have many other details on this server other than its rules and mods.

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who?
    -No.

Rate the importance of RP to you.
    -I rate RP and RP games in a percentile basis. RP is 40% important to me. If I sit down and play an RP game but there is no RP or engaging meaningful character development, it fails my score.  Game mechanics and ‘fun’ fill up an additional 20%, because without a system, I probably wont be engaged. (The system here is Conan Exiles, which is already fun for me.) Finally, community is 40%. If the community is negative, unfriendly, or doesn’t at the very least check-in with people OOC in intense RP sessions, then the game isn’t for me because the community isn’t for me.

How do you feel about PVP?
    -Not a fan of PvP, but I am a fan of CvC (Character vs. Character.) In my experience in LARPs and tabletops, pvp might have some heavy bleed if you make all of those decisions out of character. So, I stick to the plans, methods, and feelings my characters would have. That’s why community is as important as the RP is to me.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions?
    -I’ve read the rules and guidelines and mods needed. I’m a fan of the application process, but I still have no idea what the server, the story, or how the players are yet.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dgal89/

1+

Users who have liked this topic:

Anonymous

User Name gr00v3

RP experience Probably more than is legally allowed in most states.  Early 80’s tabletop games to present.

How did you hear about us? Initially Conan Exiles server list, then did a little homework looking for a “home”.

What makes you a good fit for the server? Active whenever possible, Chicago location, solid RPer and experienced pvp type

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who? Nope…If so, it’s strictly by coincidence.

Rate the importance of RP to you. Quite important…that’s kinda why we’re here in the first place, to get away from RL, right?

How do you feel about PVP?  Fine, prefer it…done a lot of PvP, organized and world PvP.  In a savage land like Hyboria, I’d expect it, and I don’t think it would really feel the same on a PvE server.  I generally won’t initiate it without a reason, however if you’re doing something like running up  and tapping a resource I’m standing on because I’m defending myself from a mob, you better bet your ass once I’m done with that spider, you’re next.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions?  Really doesn’t seem that hard.  Standard RP server stuff.

2+

John
    Participant

User Name: Grenwyck

RP experience

I would probably qualify my experience as a moderate amount. I’ve been part of a year long tabletop D&D 3.5 campaign roughly 10 years ago, but the bulk of my online RP experience is in Guild Wars 2 over the last few years. Regardless of a game being singleplayer or MMO, I generally enjoy thinking of backstories for my characters and try to make them as unique as possible given the setting. I adhere to lore as best as I can. For Conan Exiles, my knowledge is limited, so I would ask for a bit of leniency in respect to lore.

Two sources include a current member, Nyxe, and the CE RP forums.

Roughly, I meet the requirements for membership. Without knowing more about the individuals that comprise the community, it’s difficult to say. I’m fairly gregarious and get along well with most everyone. Relative to playing the game, if I know someone in need of help, I’ll assist them as I’m able whether it’s passing on knowledge or acting to join them in playing the game.

As above, Nyxe is someone I know relatively well.

It depends on several factors. Generally, RP is secondary to my enjoyment of a game in general. If there are players that I jive with and can respect, I’ll do my best to communicate interests (and respond accordingly) and provide a quality RP experience. I try mostly to be reactive, but sometimes a proactive stance is needed.

I’m not an enthusiast but I can enjoy it under some circumstances, particularly when it is appropriate and on a level playing field.

Yes. Other than the definition of “inactivity” in the rules, none at this time.

Your STEAM profile link (must be a link, I will not search for you): https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024978512/

Post Script:

I have little time on the clock playing CE (~25 hrs at present) and that was a few months ago. I am not sure what expectations beyond those stated in the rules and guidelines there are for active play and forum involvement. That said, my schedule is fairly limited due to writing my dissertation and adjunct teaching at a university. If this does not seem to conflict with the goals of the community, I ask that you consider my application.

1+

-=JUDAS=-
    Participant

User Name: in Exiles – Harmony_Heavy_Metal

RP experience: Very Light

How did you hear about us? Use to hang with you guys in AOC

What makes you a good fit for the server? : Looking for a friendly face

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who? Use to hang with you guys in AOC

Rate the importance of RP to you. I am sensitive to the RP needs of others. For myself, I dabble .

How do you feel about PVP? Im okay with it.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions? Yes , No questions

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198413923237/

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  -=JUDAS=-.
    • This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  -=JUDAS=-.
    1+

Cyrus Kring
    Participant

Judas!!!!

1+

Cyrus Kring
    Participant

Sent a steam friend invite to you.

Lelith
    Participant

User Name:

Lelith

RP experience:

I’ve roleplayed in a myriad games and settings. I started back in the days of AOL chatroom RP and haven’t stopped since. My absolute loves when it came to RP communities were Star Wars Galaxies and Age of Conan. Both of those settings were amazing in terms of really being immersed and RP functionality. Overall, I’d say that I’ve been RPing for about 20 years. I’ve helped lead several RP guilds over the span of that time and I genuinely love crafting stories with others! To list off a few games I’ve RPed in, here’s a quick rundown: SWG, TOR, ESO, GW2, BDO, Rift, LOTRO, WoW, TSW, AoC, Fallen Earth, Wildstar, and likely a few others that I’m forgetting.

Through a friend, Beltane.

First, I really love the setting of Conan the Barbarian. I find the Hyborian Age to be a ton of fun when it comes to creating stories and characters. I also work well with others, I promise! But in all seriousness, I really want a vibrant community of RPers that are able to create content and settings from the ground up and this seems to be the place to do it. I also have years of roleplay experience, so I would hope that that would allow me to add to the community in meaningful ways.

I do, Beltane is her steam name. I’m not sure what she goes by on the server.

RP comes first, always and forever. I have RPed for more hours than I’ve partaken in PvE or PvP. It will always be the reason I play a game with others and I take in-character interactions very seriously in that I want them to feel genuine and not forced. I tend to spend hours crafting the backstories of my characters, doing my best to weave them into the canon of the world in order to make them feel authentic.

I’ve PvPed in most games I’ve played. I wouldn’t say I have any particularly strong feelings about it, but I certainly don’t oppose it either. To be honest, I became much more tolerant of it after playing Black Desert Online.

I’ve read over and understand the rules. I have no questions at this time.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198016556520/

(I hope that works, I don’t use Steam all that much.)

Eilu
    Participant

User Name

Eilu

RP experience

I’ve RP’d across a varying assortment of MMO’s with settings ranging from sci-fi to fantasy and some a little in between. My start in RP was in SWG, and I’ve journeyed through WoW, GW2, SWTOR, TSW, RIFT, TERA, BDO, and AOC among others since then. My RP interactions have included IRL and online friends as well as strangers in everything from GM’d events to freeform and pickup RP.

My friends, Lelith and Beltane, both previously RP’d with me in AOC, and we were all curious about the RP potential of the new Conan Exiles game. Both have found a place they feel welcome to play and RP on your server, and I trust their judgment.

I’m laid back, with RP experience both in MMO’s and the Conan universe and lore itself from RPing in AOC previously. Building, gathering, and crafting are also aspects of the play that I love and look forward to contributing towards.

Yes, I know Beltane and Lelith.

RP is the most important aspect of a game to me–both the technical aspects of the game that help foster it (housing, crafting, clothing, dyes, etc), and the RP community itself.

PVP as wargames (battlegrounds, etc), have always been fun for me, and world PVP can be exciting as well, as long as it’s not someone griefing another player for no reason. PVP in the context of RP is also fine by me as long as both parties are accepting and it enhances RP rather than replacing it.

The rules and guidelines provided are pretty standard/common sense as I understood them. Respect and courtesy towards other players and standards are important, and I have no questions about the material provided.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198026980246/

• This reply was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by  Eilu.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by  Eilu.
    1+

Brandon Roth
    Participant

User Name: Runihura

RP experience: Over a decade in many different MMOs.  Have led a very successful RP guild in ESO and held various leadership roles in many other games.

How did you hear about us?  Joining Amarnaset through CERP

What makes you a good fit for the server?:  Casual, easy to get along with, love to contribute, no drama policy

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who?: Not yet!

Rate the importance of RP to you.: RP in MMOs is almost half the reason I play anymore.  A creative outlet, and gaming with purpose.

How do you feel about PVP?: Love PvP in many games when it’s balanced and makes sense.  I’ve heard of issues within Conan with cheating and server wiping.  Hoping we don’t have to deal with nonsense like that.  PvP in games like Ark are touchy.  Hoping for something fun and balanced.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions?: No questions.  All common sense stuff and greatly appreciate the structure.

Your STEAM profile link (must be a link, I will not search for you):  https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197973164613/

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Joining This Server

Recruitment Status: Open

Application Process:
Register on this site.
Fill out an application in the thread. [link]
Accept Steam friend request from Cyruskring.
Receive Steam Group invite and password.

Server Contributors

We would like to very warmly thank everyone who has contributed to the server donation fund!