Menu

(NEW) Server Application

This topic contains 68 replies, has 63 voices, and was last updated by Profile gravatar of Eilu Eilu 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Mars
    Mars
    Participant

User name: beastguy59

RP experience: Ive been everywhere from Sl to Roblox when i was younger

How did you hear about us?: One of your members Ares

What makes you a good fit for the server?: Im super into survival games like this and im also a good Rper and im very imaginative

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who?: Ares

Rate the importance of RP to you.: on a scale of 1 to 10 its a 15

How do you feel about PVP?: Until i learn how to play the game properly its not that high in my list of things to do

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions?: Yes i understand and No i dont have any questions

Your STEAM profile link (must be a link, I will not search for you): http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198142464464/

Profile gravatar of jordan
    jordan
    Participant

User Name JJCOOL1234

RP experience none yet just recently got a gaming computer been playing with friends online and we do rp and i joined one rp server on gmod

How did you hear about us? a friend of mine that is currently playing his name is brokenfeather

What makes you a good fit for the server? i am a fun person to play with and really enjoy rp and adventure i prefer building and developing rather than raiding

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who? yes and brokenfeather

Rate the importance of RP to you. on a scale of 1-10 10 i absolutely love rp games

How do you feel about PVP? fun with friends not when im working though

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions? yes and no

Your STEAM profile link (must be a link, I will not search for you): http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198354932134/

Profile gravatar of Sly
    Sly
    Participant

User Name: Sylvia Hawks (Sly)

RP experience: I’ve been enjoying various role-plays for over 10 years now. Most of those were spend in Secondlife as a Gorean panthergirl. I’ve always enjoyed to play more by the book than evolved, shaping my character with backgrounds, flaws, secrets and goals.

How did you hear about us?: I’ve found an advertisement of this server on the conanexilesrp.enjin.com forum.

What makes you a good fit for the server? The fact that it requires an introduction, that it is password protected and as the advertisement read; hosted by regular admins and story driven dm’s. I’ve been looking for an active rp community in Conan although the theme is fairly new to me.

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who? Not yet

Rate the importance of RP to you: 8/10

How do you feel about PVP? Pvp is fine, it keeps the game thrilling. I do not enjoy the the fact that buildings are so easily destroyed but i hope that the rp factor for most players prevents such unnecessary vandalism 🙂

Do you understand our rules and guidelines?Yes

Do you have any questions? When can i start 😀

Your STEAM profile link (must be a link, I will not search for you): http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198161565839/

Profile gravatar of Moira
    Moira
    Participant

User Name moiraleafcull

RP experience
    Tabletop RP(DnD all editions, Gurps , etc.) for…well…much longer than I care to admit. MMORPGs dating back to the beginning of Asheron’s Call. Past couple of years involved in the RP community in ESO and more recently TOR.

How did you hear about us?
    Chats with folks in the CERP community.

What makes you a good fit for the server?
    To be completely honest, not sure if I am. I do think I am a reasonably good RPer who loves to build and write stories around a character’s development especially in the context of MMOs. However, in the Conan RP/PvP servers I have tried, I find them lacking that “edge” that I feel defines the Hyborian Age. Based on what is posted it does seem that this server would provide that.

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who?
    Not that I am aware of.

Rate the importance of RP to you.
    RP is what give a world its life. It is for me, my creative outlet, my inspiration for writing.

How do you feel about PVP?
    lol…I am not that good at it? I am adverse to open world PvP populated by a world of gankers but I do like the challenge and the danger associated with PvP. I am a member of two PvP guilds in ESO and aside from the fun of it…I really wanted my main to have sufficient “street cred” to give substance to her backstory.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions?
    None at the moment.

Your STEAM profile link (must be a link, I will not search for you):
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/moiraleafcull/

Profile gravatar of Widdershins
    Widdershins
    Participant

User Name
    Widdershins

RP experience
    Tons.

Paper&dice:Started in AD&D but moved to Call of Cthulhu when it came out. Played nearly all of the Chaosium games, TSR games, moved on to Shadowrun and Champions.

Online: Started roleplaying in Diablo, actually. Got into MMOs with DAOC, then SWG, AOC, WoW, EQ2, CoX (probably my favorite) and a plethora of short timers leading up to SWTOR.

conanexilesrp.com

I tend to be a cooperative player, though I can be contentious within the ethos of my character. I try to stay in character 100% of the time, though lapses occur when it is mutually consensual, like the only two people on. Even then, OOC is framed.

Not sure.

Paramount. These games get boring quickly if there is no roleplay. On the other hand, a deep immersive experience makes up for shortcomings in the game itself (see SWG for a perfect example).

PvP adds an element of danger to the game, and it might even be said to add some “realism”, as well. The worlds of REH are filled with conflict (I read nearly all of his stuff, even his boxing stories). I prefer “no KoS” servers and will not play on one that allows wanton griefing. There needs to be a Roleplay reason for PvP.

Understood.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198394597306/home

Profile gravatar of Coinneach
    Coinneach
    Participant

User Name:  Na-atok

RP experience

Table top (dice/paper):

Chainmail (D&D battle system), D&D, GammaWorld, AD&D, Top Secret, Traveller, Role Master, GURPS, GURPS:  Cyber Punk, World of Darkness

Online:

Text-Based:  ArmageddonMud, PernMUSH, DuneMUSH

VtM:  Redemption, Star Wars:  Galaxies ( Starsider server), Age of Conan (Cimmeria Server), Star Wars:  TOR (Jung Ma Server), DayZ-RP, The Elder Scrolls Online, Conan Exiles (Bones of Acheron, The Exiled)

I am an Admin on the ConanExilesRP Enjin site
    http://conanexilesrp.enjin.com

I’m not certain yet, since I have never been a Badger Gamer before.  I believe I am a good fit because my focus is realistic, lore-based, story focused role play.  I have been a Robert E. Howard fan since I was little (after discovering my brother’s copies of the Bantam books).

I enjoy PvP and PvE, but prefer both to be based in what my character would realistically do, and what makes sense for the story and its circumstances.

I don’t believe I do know any Badger Gamers in Conan Exiles

On a scale of 1-10, RP ranks 10.  It is the whole reason I play these online games.  Storytelling and character development.

I love PvP, within reason.  PvP must make story and character sense.  Far too often, I find … even on private RP servers … some players cannot seem to have fun unless their characters are dominating other player characters.  I’m not interested in RP with such players.  I’d rather just kill their characters when confronted by them.  That is not always possible, however.

With that said, I do believe PvP is indispensable to role play.  Conflicts will arise between characters in a story.  Conflict needs resolution and PvP is necessary for said resolution if even one player character will settle for nothing else.  I loathe using dice or role played combat in a game like this.  We already have game mechanics for violent resolution of conflict.  We need to be prepared to use it when necessary, and not use it indiscriminately, and not have it be the reason we play.

Darfari?  Howard’s lore has them hunting for flesh only at night.  They are opportunist raiders, not mass murderers.

Picts?  Pict tribes are violently xenophobic.  Few of them are cannibals.  A lone Pict in the Exiled lands would probably be less inclined toward first encounter violence than a Pict tribe would.

Raiders?  Raiders and bandits do what they do because they cannot or will not do what it takes to produce for themselves.  The vast majority aren’t indiscriminate killers.  They are opportunists who seek easy prey.

Homicidal maniacs?  No, thank you.  Go play Murder City online

Carebears?  No, thank you.  Go play Helo Kitty Online

I understand the rules of Badger Gamers Conan Exiles server, and have no questions at this time.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198018888820

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Profile gravatar of Coinneach Coinneach.
    Profile gravatar of Jiahuo
    Jiahuo
    Participant

User Name

Jiahuo

RP experience

3+ years experience on Age of Conan RP, tried my hand at running a guild there and ran some very good plots with a few people. Before then I partook in quite a few good plots from some very good guilds, including Sahada Berjara. 1+ year of experience doing RP in GW2 in a guild that I have since become part of the leadership with. I am the current primary plot runner, so that has been eating up all of my time, but the plot finale is next weekend, and after that I will have some time open up.

Conan Exiles RP Enjin, got contacted by the Seniorita!

I was with the group in Age of Conan and during the beta for ESO, before life turned topsy-turvy for me and I lost my computer. After that, I didn’t have the money to sub back into ESO and sorta lost contact with the group until now! I may not be the greatest in terms of activity, and will be totally understanding if I have to be dropped, will volunteer for kick if it turns out I can’t make activity. But I know some of the people and there are great people here!

I know the former guild leaders of Sahada Berjara, Cakara and Pradhana!

Very important. I understand when RP and game mechanics need to diverge out of necessity, but for an RP server, I expect members of the server to be RPers. Coming from various games where RPers had to RP in public and were subsequently harassed, I’m looking forward to my first time in an environment where this is hopefully not the case!

I’ve never been a good PVPer. In the past my computer ran Age of Conan at 11 frames a second, which made PvP a hard task, and more recently I’ve injured the thumb in my hand which seems to be taking a while to recover, which has made fast reactions in fighting difficult. I am completely unfamiliar with Conan Exiles PvP, but I would love to engage in engagements for the fun of it, even if I’m on the losing end!

I have read the rules and guidelines. I understand all the out of game rules, and I am sure I will better understand the in-game rules the more I play the game! I see nothing that raises any questions at this time.

steamcommunity.com/id/zedera

1+

Users who have liked this topic:

Profile gravatar of Cyrus Kring
    Cyrus Kring
    Participant

Get in here Acheus!!!

1+

Profile gravatar of Cyrus Kring
    Cyrus Kring
    Participant

Accept your steam friend invite, yo!

1+

Profile gravatar of
    Anonymous

User Name: Ardghal Mac Cu Uladh

RP experience – Oh well a few years under my belt. Roleplayed on world of warcraft fot 5-7 years. Runescape for 2 years. Imvu for 4 years. Elder Scrolls online for 1 year. Age of Conan for 2 years. Life ia Feudal for 2 years. Quite a few games I have roleplayed on as you can tell haha.

How did you hear about us? – Got a message on the Conan Exiles RP site.

What makes you a good fit for the server? – Conan Exiles related. I am well versed in roleplay and would love to see more Cimmerian rolepay about and would be willing to help out regarding lore.

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who? No.

Rate the importance of RP to you. – 10 -Begin highest.

How do you feel about PVP? I am fine with it as long as it is agreed upon.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions? I do and no.

Your STEAM profile link (must be a link, I will not search for you):http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198061001029

Profile gravatar of Igren
    Igren
    Participant

RP experience: I have been RPing for over 5 years now. Started with the game called Champions Online. After a while, I added World Of Warcraft, which I have RPed in for a long time untill now, to my games. And then, I have met with Elder Scrolls Online. It will be the first decent RP experience on Conan Exiles for me. Yet I am an experienced RPer and a fast learner.

How did you hear about us? : I have been informed about  the server by a friend who I have been RPing with on World Of Warcraft.

What makes a good fit for the server? : One of my most experienced side of Roleplay is roleplaying a hunter, which I am planning to RP on the server. I also can provide friendly behavaior. If not sure, you can ask about that to my friend.

Do you know someone on the server? : Ardghal Mac Cu Uladh.

Rate the importance of RP to you. : I take it RP quite seriously, and I do not like people lorebreaking, or doing something completely impossible. Yet I do not judge them and try to help them as much as I can. So my rate would be “very important for me”.

How do you feel about PvP?: I completely hate it. But then again, it is probably caused by the PvPers who mindlessly attack you in the other servers. I am more fan of PvE in fact. Yet if the PvP I am going to have a story and a reason, then I do not mind at all as long as it’s being executed in a right way.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions?: Yes I do. And no, I do not have any questins.

Your steam profile link. : http://steamcommunity.com/id/AuoriS

1+

Profile gravatar of NietZsky
    NietZsky
    Participant

User Name – (Steam name Das Ubermensch, Nietzsky is usually my character name)

RP experience – Started RP with D&D 4.0 (I’m only 27, don’t judge for not being golden age! =P).  From there I went to Neverwinter Nights Zombie Survival and other RP mods, WoW roleplay servers, followed by a brief stint on AoC Cimmeria around release… then it all gets a little hazy with 34893740230987 early release games on rp servers and the like =P

-Conan Exiles Enjin….. server seemed to have the largest following and most replies to thread.

– I do have a little previous experience roleplaying in the world of conan (Totally rolling a Stygian if this is an option….. HAIL SET!).  In addition, I am equal parts RP and pvp (Not into griefing, but I love incorporating defeats and character flaws in my true/chaotic neutral roleplay style.  I expect to kill, be killed, pillage, and be pillaged… and am looking forward to it =) )

-Brand new to Conan Exiles, I know nobody =(

– I found Ark to be a MASSIVELY enjoyable game with a roleplay community, but mostly a chore without a roleplay element.

-Covered this previously…. I don’t grief, and normally I don’t attack first, but bring it on! =)

-Understood, no need for further clarification

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198162355881

Profile gravatar of Liz
    Liz
    Participant

User Name

I am new to CE and haven’t actually made a character yet, so name is TBD

RP experience – RPed mainly in AoC back in 2009-2012 with Black Daggers, & Shadow Company

How did you hear about us? Nyxe!

What makes you a good fit for the server? Basically I’m looking to play with my old friends again while making new. I love PVP/PVE/RP and while its been a number of years since I’ve RPed I’m looking forward to it again.

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who? Nyxe, Agrinja, & Bear

Rate the importance of RP to you.  5/10. Its the friendships IC & OOC that’s the 10/10

How do you feel about PVP? Love it

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions? Yes and No.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198271661353

1+
    Profile gravatar of Niguel/Sadyki
    Niguel/Sadyki
    Participant

User Name:

Niguel/Sadyki

RP experience:

Enjin Community Site

I’ve been roleplaying for almost 25 years, across many mediums, from tabletop RPGs to MMOs as early as Ultima Online and Ever Quest. I have more than a passing familiarity with Robert E. Howard’s lore and am an owner of and great admirer of Mongoose Publishing’s edition of the Conan RPG and a backer of Mophidius’ Conan RPG. I’ve been playing Funcom’s Conan RPG on and off since launch and am excited to see some of the features promised in it’s initial release finally implemented, and in a manner that encourages sandbox gameplay and online roleplaying.

N/A

To be honest, if an MMO doesn’t appear to have a strong roleplaying community, I lose interest. I’ve done raiding and material gathering and crafting, gear progression, all the hallmarks of classic MMOs, but without an RP community to compliment the gameplay, the games rarely keep me entertained.

I’m a competent PvPer, and don’t mind indulging in it from time to time, but I’m not an obsessive deathmatch sort. It’s fun with the right people, extremely NOT fun with griefers and trolls. Just as with RP, the quality of the community will determine how much fun that aspect of gameplay will be.

They’re all pretty straightforward and concise.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008428494/

2+

Profile gravatar of Cloud
    Cloud
    Participant

CloudMX

RP experience:  I’ve been an avid roleplayer for over a decade. My personal takes on RP have been with World of Warcraft, San Andreas Multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto 5 RP, Minecraft, the list goes on.

How did you hear about us? A quick google search lead me to CERP forums where I found your thread!

What makes you a good fit for the server? I’m told a lovable quality about me is my laid back nature. I don’t take life too seriously, and when it comes to RP I prefer the story over the outcome.

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who? Nope. Just bought the game. If I like the server I’ll recommend it to friends who have the game.

Rate the importance of RP to you: Creativity to me is a drug. This is an exceptional outlet which I love and is one of my favourite hobbies.

How do you feel about PVP? I don’t really care, I’m going to try to avoid it until I have a better grasp of the game-play and what not.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions? No problems here.

Your STEAM profile link (must be a link, I will not search for you): https://steamcommunity.com/id/cloudmx

1+

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Joining This Server

Recruitment Status: Open

Application Process:
Register on this site.
Fill out an application in the thread. [link]
Accept Steam friend request from Cyruskring.
Receive Steam Group invite and password.

Server Contributors

We would like to very warmly thank everyone who has contributed to the server donation fund!