Menu

(NEW) Server Application

This topic contains 68 replies, has 63 voices, and was last updated by Profile gravatar of Eilu Eilu 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Cyrus Kring
    Cyrus Kring
    Participant

You must first become a member of this site. You then must read these rules. Your third task is to then, place your application in this thread. Fill it out completely or you will not be contacted. Once contacted, you will be sent an invite to the steam group. Feel free to browse the guilds and apply through the website here (or create your own after acceptance). Only people who fill out applications will be considered. No random invites through Steam to the admins will be accepted.

User Name

RP experience

How did you hear about us?

What makes you a good fit for the server?

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who?

Rate the importance of RP to you.

How do you feel about PVP?

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions?

Your STEAM profile link (must be a link, I will not search for you):

By submitting this application, you verify that you are 18 or over and are in agreement with The Badger Gamers Code of Conduct.

• This topic was modified 9 months ago by Profile gravatar of Boom Boom.
    • This topic was modified 9 months ago by Profile gravatar of Cyrus Kring Cyrus Kring.
    • This topic was modified 9 months ago by Profile gravatar of Cyrus Kring Cyrus Kring.
    • This topic was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile gravatar of Cyrus Kring Cyrus Kring.
    • This topic was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile gravatar of Cyrus Kring Cyrus Kring.
    1+

Users who have liked this topic:

Profile gravatar of Cyrus Kring
    Cyrus Kring
    Participant

We are currently accepting 20 people for the server. As always, priority goes to people with sponsors.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by Profile gravatar of Cyrus Kring Cyrus Kring.
    Profile gravatar of Alyfox
    Alyfox
    Participant

User Name: Alyfox

RP experience: Tabletop gaming back to approx. 1985. Forum, chatroom and play-by-email RPing back to about 1996 til present. Extensive MUCK RPing from about 1998 til 2003. Everquest RPing (Bristlebane server) from about 2002-2004. World of Warcraft (Argent Dawn, Sisters of Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Cenarion Circle and Moon Guard) from 2005-2011 then 2016-present.

How did you hear about us? TheHuntress on the Darknest forums

What makes you a good fit for the server? I love to roleplay, I enjoy survival games (lots of time in Minecraft and ARK), and am looking to contribute to an interesting RP community. I have a lot of play time opportunities. A huge huge fan of Robert E Howards works and the Hyborian Age is one of my most favorite fantasy settings. I’m also a solid writer, decent grammer and excellent spelling.

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who? The Huntress

Rate the importance of RP to you.How do you feel about PVP? On a scale of 1-10, RPing would be an 8 to 10, depending on the game and setting. For Conan Exiles, probably a 9. Same scale for PVP, probably closer to a 5.

How do you feel about PVP? Can be fun, if its in a reasonably balanced setting. I don’t enjoy PVP in world of warcraft for example (although a healer in PVP is kinda fun) where as in World of Tanks (which is all PVP) I love it. I think in Conan Exiles it has the potential to be a lot of fun, especially as the game continues to evolve.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions? I do, and I have no issues or questions at this time.

Your STEAM profile link (must be a link, I will not search for you): http://steamcommunity.com/id/lwcoyote/

3+

Profile gravatar of Solomon Kane
    Solomon Kane
    Participant

User Name

May I  introduce myself, Solomon Kane, a pleasure

RP experience

Started with Pen and Paper Dungeon and Dragons, The Forgotten Realms, and The Dark Eye, both as player and Dungeon Master, is fun to write a setting for people or be part of a good and immersive one, later on, started with RPGs on Computer, first as SP, then MP, Social and Adventure, Neverwinter Nights 1+2 Servers, Star Wars ToR, Guild Wars 1+2, Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning, Second Life, and others.

In RL doing LARP with a old Norse or Viking Setting from time to time, just love Mead, my Axe and a Roundshield! The Allfather is watching!

Poison would be guilty as charged here, we know each other from Second Life, had many adventures there and discovered far away lands and also close and hidden treasure caves.

I enjoy to write and be part of a immersive RP, if you stand alone, the Crows will feed on your Corpse, if you stand with Shield Brothers and Sisters, side by side, no Christian Monastery, no Saxon Fortress and no weak english kingdom is able to hold you, together we are strong, Odin Allfather, be witness!

Well, that would be Poison, as I wrote earlier, I know her from Second Life, Bad Girl, then again, A good girl princess is only good to capture and demand ransom, HA! Would pillage, rape and murder with Poison anytime.

Now this is a tricky question indeed, PVP, or PVE, if both is part of a good story and RP, oh by the gods, YES, if its just bashing without sense to discover which one can click faster or move the mouse faster, to boost their Ego afterwards and thinking, oh yes, I have the bigger “Genital”, fuck the others! I have fun, all others do not matter… well, I am not into that, maybe I am to old for that immature stuff, and no, I am not an old grandpa on a Potato Computer at all, ohh no, not at all dear readers! No young Babyface anymore, true, and a big Beard, oh I love me Beard, … Conan Exiles ADD BEARDS already!

Aye, I understand the rules and guidelines, and for the moment have no questions, but I do reserve the right, for future questions that might arise, since a Gothi once told me, the future is unknown water, an undiscovered Ocean, take caution or Valhalla awaits faster then you might think… he wanted 3 Goats for that wisdom! That is Robbery!!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008307204/

I wish to add, I do like Beards if I have not mentioned that earlier ^.^

2+

Profile gravatar of Kamin
    Kamin
    Participant

User Name: Kamin

RP experience: Been probably role playing for close to 15ish years now, starting via tabletop and moving on to EQ and other games over time.  (EQ-EQ2-WoW-GW2-ESO-ARK, etc)

How did you hear about us? From The Huntress

What makes you a good fit for the server? I enjoy role play as well as as survival based games.  I feel that with the right group of people it can make the game so much better.  I also helped worked on a very big mod project on ARK and (once I know how the updates/updates to dev kit will work) I’ll be doing mod work as well, and would be willing to help with other creative concepts.

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who?  The Huntress

Rate the importance of RP to you.  Part of the mystique of a survival style game should always have that RP atmosphere.  I feel like it’s something that a lot of games try to bring to the table but fail pretty horrible at it.  I’m not the greatest writer at times, but I do make attempts and I’ve always enjoyed getting caught up in good stories.  I feel that Conan Exiles, though in EA, has somewhat help put the RP options out there to the community.  Because of this and how I feel, I’d say RP if I were to place it on a scale of 1-10, I’d put it at around a 8 or 9.

How do you feel about PVP? I actually come from quite an extensive PvP background in different games. (EQ, WoW, GW2 etc.) Having achieved quite a bit but never really jumped into it the survival game pvp scenario too much.  (Little bit in ARK, but slightly different with dino’s!)  I think PvP is fine and if done correctly is healthy and acceptable.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions? I do understand the rules and guidelines and at the moment I do not have any questions, except for one; Cake or Pie?

Your STEAM profile link (must be a link, I will not search for you): http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198059010789/

It is set to private and I’m not always -online- on messenger, but I do hop on to check things rather frequently.

3+

Profile gravatar of
    Anonymous

User Name: Kuroyama

RP experience: I began role-playing before I was even ten years old by way of AD&D 2nd Edition, so I suppose you could say I was an early nerd. From there, the internet came into the picture and I discovered chat room role-playing, followed by formalized text-based online games called MUDs/MUSHes. I still play those to this day, and I’ve added in role-playing on some MMOs, though it’s vanishingly rare on most. Now, at age 32, I have a virtual library of role-playing books and love to lose myself in them.

A: I first discovered your server by way of the Conan Exiles Role-Playing Community forums. I then spoke to Anukshep and was welcomed to apply in.

A: I’m a committed, dedicated player with an immense amount of time on their hands. I can follow the rules, I’m more than happy to bend my character concepts to fit your vision of your game, and I’m a highly experienced role-player. Best of all, I understand the importance of separating IC from OOC, and you’ll find me to be a very nice person OOC even if I’m playing a jerk IC.

A: I do not, unless you could Anukshep.

A: Role-playing is the end all, be all of this game to me. I play Exiles to role-play, which is why this server interests me so much.

A: Although it’s not necessarily something I often seek out, I recognize that it has a place in a world played true to Conan lore. The mythology embraces violence, sex, and the occult unabashedly and so do I.

A: I do understand the rules and I have no questions. They’ve already been answered for me elsewhere.

A: http://steamcommunity.com/id/akoto470/

3+

Profile gravatar of Steve MacTaggart
    Steve MacTaggart
    Participant

User Name: Eionan (Eionan for in-game)

RP experience: 25+ years Tabletop RPGs. D&D, Rifts, Star Wars, Pathfinder, Online Forums RP, Play by Post, Chatroom RP, as well as in game RP in Ark: Survival Evolved, World of Warcraft.

How did you hear about us?: Anukshep on the Conan Exiles RP Community Forums

What makes you a good fit for the server?: Friendly, easy going player, who is more than capable of participating and progressing a storyline. Drama-free and funny.

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who?: I do not. Looking to make friends!

Rate the importance of RP to you.: I prefer RP over PVP by a long shot, the more immersed in the world and environment the more I tend to enjoy the experience.

How do you feel about PVP? PVP has its place and CAN be enjoyed if structured properly, mindless ganking and raiding has no place in my opinion. Not everyone is Chaotic Evil, I dont like waking up every day I log on with my entire base wiped out and nothing to show for it.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions? I comply and understand your rules. No questions at this time.

Your STEAM profile link (must be a link, I will not search for you): http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rexfelis

2+

Profile gravatar of Carosicus
    Carosicus
    Participant

User Name

Carosicus

RP experience

I have around 9-10 years of RP experience in various MMOs, with Star Wars Galaxies, The Old Republic, Neocron, Age of Conan, The Secret World, Dark Age of Camelot, and Anarchy Online to name a few.

I heard about you guys through the Conan Exiles RP Enjin site. I saw your server on the list when I first signed up to the site, but at that point recruitment was closed.

I greatly enjoy writing stories and RP. I consider myself an experienced RPer, and as such, I feel that it shouldn’t always be what the guild/server/community can do for the player, but also what the player can do for them. I’m eager to contribute to the RP of other players on this server, as well as help anyone who may be new to RP.

No.

VERY important. When looking at an MMORPG, I always check to see if there’s an RP community before investing time into it.

While I don’t hate PvP, I normally don’t participate in it unless there’s decent rewards involved. However, Conan Exiles has changed my perspective on PvP. I feel like PvP adds another layer to the danger of the exiled lands, a layer that makes things very interesting and exciting.

I have read the rules and fully understand them.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198050683189

2+

Profile gravatar of Marjaan
    Marjaan
    Participant

User Name: Marjaan

RP experience:
    Mainly I’ve been RPing in Second Life for the last 8 years or so. I’ve helped start up new sims, taken lead and admin roles, run businesses and factions on various sims over the years.

From a friend, Poison, who I played at a sim with a few months back. Also a wave to Solomon Kane, who I know from the same sim.

I enjoy seeing storylines progress and develop, finding ways to create connections between players and groups and see how they interact. I also enjoy a setting with a developed and realistic canon, and although I am not an Expert in the Conan world lore I know it well enough to be excited by the prospect of an RP game within that setting. I’m new to the Exiles game, but been wanting an excuse to try it for a while now and I love sandbox type games. Sandbox and RP? Can’t lose!

Yes, Poison http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198020381390

Very important, the prospect of a good RP community community is what brings me to a new place.

As long as it fits the storyline, though I don’t tend to play characters that are heavy fighters. Looking forward to magic down the road, though.

Yes, no questions at this time but I will reach out if any come up later.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/marjaansahiban/

3+

Profile gravatar of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

User Name Wargasm40k

RP experience
    I’ve been RPing for about 17 years now.  Started with pen and paper D&D back around 2000 and kept going from there into other pen and paper games and MMOs.

A couple friend I RP in SWTOR joined your Conan Exiles server.

I like writing, exploring worlds full of lore and RPing in them.

Tyr and Freyja are their character names.

RP is very important to me.  The ability to RP in a game makes it 100 times more enjoyable and makes it much easier to meet and get to know like minded people.

It depends on game mechanics mostly on how well I like it or not.  As for how I feel about it, it depends on the character.  If I’m playing a warrior or someone who is likely to be involved in combat ICly then I’m more inclined to engage in actual PvP.  However I do like it to be consentual for both sides.  If I’m just trying to RP or do something non combat related, being forced to PvP is rather annoying.

I understand and have no questions.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089617033/

1+

Profile gravatar of Sefekhi
    Sefekhi
    Participant

User Name: Ares

RP experience: I’ve RP’ed since early high school (95ish) on tabletop, online instant chat, online group chat, MMOs and SecondLife. (you can probably see a gradient incline here). I have hosted/constructed/GM’ed my own games, both IRL and Online, some running for 2-3 years.

How did you hear about us?: A SecondLife friend mentioned joining a C:E Rp group, and seeing as SL Rp is on a long walk off a short pier lately, I thought I would follow.

I’ve a good head for themed rp, I work well with direction and I can direct if needed.  I am capable of maintaining a strict IC/OOC state of mind, on multiple characters (sometimes in the same scene; I’ve clocked out at 10 individual NPC’s plus my PC at once scene)

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who? Marjaan joined ahead of me with invitation from a friend.

Rate the importance of RP to you.  Rp is the reason I’m online at all,  it is the main option I look for when purchasing or playing any MMO, I would just as easily RP entirely without building or crafting or fighting if that was able to happen.

How do you feel about PVP?  Sometimes, a fight is necessary, but it is also possible to ‘fight’ without actually PVP (rp fighting, cinematic and descriptive)  If absolutely necessary I can do it, but don’t expect champion level skill.

Understand: √

Questions:  None at this time (besides name of server)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023349232/

1+

Profile gravatar of turbothcx
    turbothcx
    Participant

User Name: turbothcx

RP experience:

Started dabbling in Everquest and most of my first real experience came from Star Wars Galaxies. Was part of House Crow in Guild Wars 2 for a while, and a good chunk during the first 3 expansions of World of Warcraft.

How did you hear about us? TheHuntress on Darknest

I’ve been RP’ing in video games for quite a while and know “the rules”.  I love learning the lore of the setting and crafting a believable backstory for my character(s) who end up just being common folk and not Mary Sue characters

The Huntress

On an RP server it’s going to rate 10 out of 10, I believe we’re all here to make a good story

If it suits the RP I don’t mind it. For my character, I’m not having her being planned as an agressor, so no mindless ganking. I don’t usually PVP in MMOs/Survival games anyway.

I understand, no questions

http://steamcommunity.com/id/turbothcx/

Profile gravatar of Seth Daviau
    Seth Daviau
    Participant

User Name Ronin1981

RP experience Ive Roleplayed for about 20 years in several different formats, tabletop, Forum, and MMO’s

How did you hear about us? Darknest Forums

What makes you a good fit for the server? Im pretty active when it somes to RP servers. OR as active as life allows me to be.

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who? Dont know anyone just know its a server DN members play on.

Rate the importance of RP to you. Pretty important. A good story makes the game more enjoyable. so Id say 10 out of 10

How do you feel about PVP? If its well thought out and not random ganking, I mean If you wanna be a bandit try to rob me instead of killing me cause your higher level, be creative.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions?Seems pretty straight forward. Be mindful of where you build, only build as the guidelines state for clans, pretty much don’t be a dick when it comes to interactions with people. and respect peoples choices and avoid banned topics.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ronin1981/

Profile gravatar of
    Anonymous

User Name – I assume by this you mean Steam name? If so, Precioushearts

RP experience – Went online in 1996 and got into MUSH/MUX style RP, which I did pretty much consistently until a couple years ago when I tried RPing in WoW and SWTOR, as MUSH Rp has been declining in popularity as well as maturity and quality.

How did you hear about us? – From Tyr

What makes you a good fit for the server? – I’m a tired RPer, looking for mature Rpers to…Rp with. I’m told I’ll find some here, and am looking forward to being a part of the group.

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who? – Tyr

Rate the importance of RP to you. – RP and the Storytelling that go with it are pretty much my main hobbies, so, more important to me than anything else that happens on MMO’s.

How do you feel about PVP? – I actually absolutely hate it. I detest permanent death, the idea of putting weeks, months even years into a character just so someone can up and permanently kill my character because I offended them somehow is likely the absolutely most discouraging aspect of the Conan Exiles game.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions? – For the most part I do understand them, can’t think of questions right offhand.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/khelkhet/

Profile gravatar of Rathotep
    Rathotep
    Participant

Rathotep/Apepses

RP experience: Have roleplayed for many, many years, and have RPed in MMOs since Everquest 1 back in the 90s.

How did you hear about us?: Met you guys in AoC

What makes you a good fit for the server?: I could go into how my predilection for Stygian culture, sorcery, Set-worship, human sacrifice and Hyborian roleplay make me a good fit, but you guys already know that i think 😛

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who?: Cyrus Kring and Senorita Boom

Rate the importance of RP to you.: Extremely important

How do you feel about PVP?: If it suits the situation; mindless PvP with no story-driven rationale just feels like pointless trolling.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions?: Yes, and no.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH23/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Joining This Server

Recruitment Status: Open

Application Process:
Register on this site.
Fill out an application in the thread. [link]
Accept Steam friend request from Cyruskring.
Receive Steam Group invite and password.

Server Contributors

We would like to very warmly thank everyone who has contributed to the server donation fund!