Menu

February Contest Entries

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Kell 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Cyrus Kring
    Participant

We would like to announce a writing contest open to all and ending on Sunday, February 19 at Noon PST/ 3PM EST /8 PM GMT.

Your story should be between 500-2,000 words and on the topic of some fun and exciting times your character has had roleplaying on the BadgerGamers.com server.

All entrants will be awarded with a random generated prize from our prize list which will include vanity and luxury items! The contestant with the most likes will be awarded with a grand prize package! Add your stories HERE!!!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Cyrus Kring.
    1+

Users who have liked this topic:

Kell
    Participant

Do we submit entries in this thread, or in a dedicated thread with the title stating “Writing Contest”?

Thanks for setting this up CY, very interested in what people have been up to since launch.

Boom
    Keymaster

You can drop entries in this thread.

Basically, we just want to get some of the vanity items that are in game but you cannot craft and do not drop, out to the players…but we don’t want to make it a chore on ourselves to hand out every vanity set to every person on their whim, thus enslaving ourselves to it. This way, the more people that enter, the more people win and they can trade and enjoy.

3+

Willow
    Participant

((Im alone most of my time in the south, Fehu and Minaya i met shortly and loved the little roleplay i got from them, so i thought i write alittle start story to Willow to give abit of, who i am…))

Name: Willow
    Race: Shemite
    Height: 162cm
    Build: Slender
    Hair: Red
    Eyes: Green
    Personality: Charismatic, Friendly, Feisty & Playfull

Background:
    Well this sucks…

That was the lingering thought that kept comming back into my head, i had been consious for id guess maybe a hour, it was hard to tell, the sun was so very bright, and my head really hurt… I was nude, crusified out in some forsaken dessert, and no land marks i could spot made any sense, so yea this sucked, it really sucked, i guess my feisty nature and ability to drop some deadly comments finally cought up with me, so i wonder who it was that gone to such length to back a me, the list of males i made a laughing stock off sure were long, but seriously crusify me out in some desert, someones really abit touchy !…

No matter how much i twisted in the bonds that held me pinned to the cross, i was seriously stuck, all i managed to do, was make the ropes cut into my flesh, rather painfully… i had tried to scream for help, but i couldent make much of any noices, barely no words or sound escaped my dry weather worns lips, it was more of faint hissings it was like i was muted, so yea this really really sucked… and i had some strange bracelet around my wrist, it looked strange almost archaic, but why place that thing on my wrist, when i was likely to die on this cross to this scorching sun, nothing made any sense at all…

Im not sure how long i had been on this cross my lips was so dry, and the sun was so bright, my skin stopped sweating hours ago, i wasent sure id last to the night again, or manage the deserts freezing embrace when the night finally came, i had tried to struggle some more into the bonds, but only manage to cut my skin on the ropes, the ropes were lightly red tainted from the fickle bleeding, i was so thirsty, so tired, everything was just a bright hot daze…

I had passed out, recollected my earlier good life, as a doughter of a very wealthy merchant baron my life had been good and given me many liberties, i had loved my horse, and my archery, but wealth also ment going to many social events with the familly, traveling the lands along the trade paths our clan had a very good reputation for brining good weapons, fine silks, or rare spices, many were those that came to trade where we set up camp outside cities, and it is only here i can asume i manage to insult someone to much… Just couse i was a woman, i hated to be treated like iwas some kind of comodity, or something that you just marrige away, and if anyone had spoken unjust about it, they would sure get a fair feisty remark back, often to the many peoples amusements…

I suddenly woked up in a painfull haze, as i heard the screeching sounds of vultures, two were sitting on the beam and picked on my bleeding arm, everytime their sharp beaks struck away, it sent spasms of pain, but it cleared my mind, i tried to scream at them, but i couldent make much of any noices, just dry broken hissings, so i twisted frantic in the bonds, only to be abit supriced as the ropes broke…with my one arm free i swatted around at the vultures, getting them to lift from the beam and circle screecing in the air from a healthy distance… I can only asume that the blood from the rope cut had drawn down the vultures and as they pecced at the wound they must also have damaged the ropes, enough so i coud break free, with one arm loose, i managed to undo myself from the cross…

As i was finally down from the cross, i was at the side of some anchient stone cobbled road, part of it seemed to head out in the dessert, and the other led towards dersert scrubs and some kind of vegitation, im not sure how long i staggered along the path, i had passed one or two old derilect ruins, but i saw more and more vegitation, and as the sand opened up in green and trees, and below i saw the mirror like reflection of water admist the green, i ran with my last bit of strength, throwing myself down at the sandy banks drinking from the water, i never knew water could be so good…

After gupling down water for a very long time, i finally i looked up, and took in the green around me… Im nude, alone, but alive… it sucks, but atleast im alive !

4+

Kell
    Participant

((Vivid memories of my first few moments in Exiles))

Ezerus awoke in a fury of coughing. Sand caked his eyes and mouth as he tried to stir his thoughts. Wind howled around him, picking up sand and blasting it against his exposed flesh, the rest of his body buried by the fierce sandstorms that caught him in the open desert. Slowly Ezerus begins to move, at first pushing his chest off the sun scorched sand that had buried him as he lay dormant and then rising to his knees, he began to get his bearings as he wipes his eyes to see more clearly.

Surveying the land around him, Ezerus is also suddenly and painfully reminded of his ordeal, pain surging from his hands and feet as his body slowly awakes. “Crucify Him!” The words play over and over in his mind… The last words of a would-be Tyrant, the last words of the man who changed his course forever. Ezerus looked down at the wounds on his hands, sand caked into his wounds; rot already setting into the open wounds, the stench evident as his body lashes at out the infection seeping into him. Water… the thought finally enters into his mind. I need water.

Looking around, he sees nothing but sand and jutting towers of rock, a few dead Acacia trees scattered around. The sun high above him, beaming down like the fires of a tanner, tempering his skin into hardened leather. This is a strange land, far different than his homeland of Cimmeria. The harsh conditions different from what he had grown up in, harsh in its own sense, but far different that where Ezerus now found himself.

Slowly rising to his Feet, Ezerus raises a hand over his eyes to block out the intense glare of the sun, slowly focusing his eyes as they adjust to the brightness of the midday sun. He strains to peer over the horizon, first glancing to his right, seeing nothing but shimmering waves of heat, then to his left; more of the same. Realizing he won’t last minutes longer in the direct sun, Ezerus sets out for the nearest out cropping of rocks, some 50 yards in front of him. Shade resides in the crevasses of the jutting of rock, and the shade will give a much-needed reprieve from the relentless sun.

As Ezerus approaches the rocks, he hears it, the cackle of a hyena.” Where?” he questions out loud, then he sees the eyes peering out from a large crack in the rocks. Ezerus quickly surveys around him. A long dead Acacia tree lays broken, just 20 yards or so from where he now stands. The Hyena slowly emerges from its den, it’s cackle turning into a low growl as it slowly steps one paw in front of the other, set to sprint and ponce on Ezerus as it survey’s its quarry.

Ezerus sets and dashes towards the tree, the hyena also lunging into a sprint. As he runs, the pain courses through his feet, but he closes on the tree, the hyena quickly closing ground as well. Ezerus lunges for the tree, grabbing a think jagged branch and turns just as the hyena leaps to him. In an instant, Ezerus sets the branch as the hyena lands on him, the weight of the beast lunging full force on him, fangs and claws lashing at him, but as the beast comes down on Ezerus, the hyena’s weight and momentum falls squarely on the branch. The stick cracks, Ezerus can feel and smell the rancid breath of the beast upon him as he struggles to hold the wretch at bay, his hands under the hyenas snapping jaws.

Slowly the hyena weakens, the branch striking true into the belly of the beast. Ezerus can feel the hot blood of the hyena pouring over him, and soon the animal collapse on him. Ezerus quickly pushes the hyena off him and from the wound on its belly, bends down and begins drinking the liquid pouring out. It may not be water, but it will sustain him until he can find proper shelter… If he doesn’t die from food poisoning first. Ezerus drags the beast to its den in the rocks, and settles into the shade the crevasse provides. Aching, exhausted and covered in sticky blood and sand, Ezerus collapse into unconsciousness.

4+

collar and cuffs
    Participant

Anneke walked through the festival clad in sheer silks and glittering jewelry and smiled to those men and women she knew.  Her long black hair was glossy and scented with perfume and her face painted with expensive makeup.  Everything should have been perfect, but something was wrong.  She stumbled, her carefully trained grace deserting her.  Her head ached and she was hot, hot enough to sweat like a labourer in the sun, and she was thirsty.  Her lips felt dry and cracked and her tongue was thick and sticking to the inside of her mouth.  She kept falling, a slow descent to the sand at her feet.

She opened her eyes and squinted against the harsh glare.  She was stretched out face down in the sand, nude, her crude stone weapon laying next to her.  The only small mercy was in her dark skin, she was immune to the worst damage the kiss of the sun could inflict on her skin.  She was filthy and crusted in sand where she had lain, her hair shorn off above the shoulder.  Slowly she pushed herself to her knees, moaning.  To lay there was to die.  She had to find water.  She rose on unsteady legs and staggered forward towards what she thought was a bit of green ahead of her in the distance.

As she walked across the desert her thoughts circled around how she had came here.  She’d been an expensive and well regarded courtesan who had accepted a position in the household of an ambitious nobleman.  Her life had been lucrative and comfortable until it was revealed that her lord’s ambitions exceeded even the dark and fell laws of Stygia.  He was fed to a great serpent and his household condemned to death.  Anneke was sent to be crucified in the wasteland.  It was only luck that gave the guards so many prisoners to crucify that they in their haste they did a poor job of binding her to the cross and she was able to work herself free and get down.

Hunger wracked her and she coughed up bile that burned her throat and made her thirst even worse.  Some sort of deformed and debased manlike thing came out of the brush ahead and ran towards her but she clubbed it down, crushing it’s skull.  Another came and she was able to kill it but limped afterwards from a wound to her leg.

She pushed her way through the brush and stopped, mouth hanging open.  Ahead of her was a broad and placid river, trees growing along it’s banks and antelope grazing nearby.  She started to run forward but stopped, her eyes scanning along the banks and underbrush.  She saw no danger and ran forward to throw herself into the river, drinking and sinking her abused body beneath the water.  No pleasure from her prior life ever felt so good as that cool water.

But she had not eaten in days and cramps made her groan and clutch her belly.  She got up and looks around, seeing rabbits everywhere.  She tried to sneak up on one but it sprang off and disappeared around a tree.  She saw another but it ran too, she gave chase.  It dodged and took unexpected turns, avoiding her as she dove to the ground to try to catch it.  She sprawled in the dirt cursing like a fishwife, then looked up and went still, her mouth suddenly dry.

A woman stood there watching her, she was Stygian by her colouring and wore crude leather armour.  A sword hung from her belt and she looked well fed.  Anneke crouched in the dirt, naked and unarmed, staring at her.  Finally the woman spoke.

“What am I to do with you?”

The once pampered courtesan looked up and knew that her life hung in the balance.  She could not survive alone and she could not fight this woman.  There was only one option before her if she wished to live.

Anneke knelt before the woman and touched her forehead to the ground in an offer of submission.  The woman looked down at her for a long moment before she spoke.

“My name is Sadi and you are my slave.  Follow me if you wish to live, girl.”

Anneke got to her feet and nodded.  She had found her new life.

3+

Cyrus Kring
    Participant

Guess what?! You all win!! Send us a message and claim your prize!

Kell
    Participant

Message in game or here?

Boom
    Keymaster

Willow, Kell, and Collar,

Check the #ImageDump on Discord and let me know which rp clothing set you would like and when a good time to catch you in game is. Thank you for participating in the writing contest!

Kell
    Participant

Cool, I’m a bit noobie on Discord and didn’t see the #imagedump in discord, but I’ll reach out to you later. I’ll be on and off today (#presidentsday no work)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Joining This Server

Recruitment Status: Open

Application Process:
Register on this site.
Fill out an application in the thread. [link]
Accept Steam friend request from Cyruskring.
Receive Steam Group invite and password.

Server Contributors

We would like to very warmly thank everyone who has contributed to the server donation fund!