Menu

[CLOSED] Conan Exiles Server Application

This topic contains 72 replies, has 66 voices, and was last updated by  Willow 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author

Cyrus Kring
    Participant

@industrythirteen

Lore of the server will be worked out through RP once the server is up and personal interaction begins. We will need to keep track of these kind of things collectively, and likely, set up a forum to post them in, so that new people can jump in and have an idea of their surroundings?

That said, Tee’s and my lore has begun through RP in other games of our characters up to the point of launch. We will be coming to Amarnaset in ruins. I would venture to say that Amarnaset may have been known to people in the area, or even abroad.. but that is up to each persons character. People that actually live/lived in the region would know of the city with the big vineyard (more story coming up on this before launch).

Joe
    Participant

User Name – Gramgax

RP experience – Extensive, have lead RP guilds, RPer for 8 years.

How did you hear about us? Nasriin/Industry13

What makes you a good fit for the server? Extensive RP experience, Interest in PVP and world/community building

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who? Nasriin

How do you feel about PVP? Longtime PVPer.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions?Yes, No.

1+

Users who have liked this topic:

Starbaerd
    Participant

User Name – Starbaerd

RP experience- I have been role playing off and on now for about six years in mmos, DnD, and text based forum role plays, i would say that i am a med to heavy role player.

How did you hear about us? – I heard about this place from Conan exiles RP  enjin site.

What makes you a good fit for the server? – i am a team player, friendly, and open to helping with just about anything if someone needs an extra character for a story line, other then that i stay in character 100% of the time and enjoy role playing with people who do the same. so i hope that i am a good fit for this server.

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who? – No i do not, well not yet anyways.

How do you feel about PVP? – this is the age of Conan we will be role playing in, and thus i feel that any role play that occurs will inevitably lead to conflict between one or two parties making PVP the next natural step in the RP which can been an amazing high in the plot line if it is done well and it follows the rules. Or a terrible low that ruins the Rp for everyone involved. but long story short, i feel that PVP is very important and is necessary to make good stories as long as it follows the rules and is done well.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions?

I have read and understand them and no i have no questions.

1+

Reynar
    Participant

User Name

Raizax.

RP experience

Beginner/noob (what you want to call it), i would really like to learn more about RP ingame.

How did you hear about us?

Enjin Forum search.

What makes you a good fit for the server?

I love meeting new people, i would like to be better at RP, and I like survival / building/ sandbox games, i’m friendly and helpful if, i’m able to help, and i like to learn new things.

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who?

Nop, but i hope to get to know some new and exciting people.

How do you feel about PVP?

Im fine with PvP, and it seems that you have some good rules for running PvP.

I understand them and no questions at the moment. (might come later)

1+

collar and cuffs
    Participant

User Name

Collar and Cuffs

RP experience

Long time, experienced RPer

DN forum

I am interested in joining a cooperative effort to create a good RP community and making friends.

Huntress

It will clear up if you use a good ointment.  Just kidding, I enjoy team PvP.

Yes.  No.

1+

Altan
    Participant

User Name: Khojin  (Groznakh gro-Urzgrom on Enjin)

RP experience: I’ve been roleplaying in mmos, and tabletop for about 8 years now

How did you hear about us?: CERP

What makes you a good fit for the server?: First off I’m very much a team player, and once I find my niche, and a guild I want to be apart of I’m very supportive of said guild and will do my part to help it grow. Secondly I’m drama free, and avoid OOC conflict. I stick to lore and am known for my memorable, and unique characters 😛

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who?: I do not, but am looking forward to making new friends

How do you feel about PVP?: Always loved PVP, especially open world, however this will be my first time on a true RP-PVP server and I’m looking forward to the experience

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions?: I understand your rules and guidelines and have no questions currently.

1+

Agrinja
    Participant

User Name 

Agrinja

RP experience 

Been role-playing on tabletop since 1996, 2001 in NWN, and Horizons and SWG being my first RP toons.

My friend Nyxe, hear a couple friends of mine from Age of Conan are here as well.

I’m a role-player, with a passion for depth and realism in my role-play. All my characters can be killed, whatever nonsense I come up with to make my character a hard case, I don’t play Mary Sues. Also from everything I have read and from what Nyxe tells me, this is right in my element. I’m a community person, and I am always willing to help out OOC, if not IC.

Nyxe and Bear for sure.

Truth be told I am renown for hating PVP. Even games like Life is Feudal, where server rules require RP to initiate PVP, that is all RP is for. Drives me insane. Having said that I am fully willing to engage in PVP when it makes sense from a story perspective. If there are tangible realistic reasons to go around and kill people. Admittedly I have little patience for people who just want to kill and loot other peoples corpses for the lulz.

I have no questions, rules and guidelines seem good.

1+

Panzerchicken84
    Participant

User Name: Panzerchicken84

RP experience: Close to 25 years. First ‘online’ experience with roleplaying was back on AOL’s Neverwinter Nights MMORPG that came out in 93 (Cost by the hour to play)

How did you hear about us? TheHuntress

What makes you a good fit for the server? Coordination and willingness to get the job done. Seems like this game is based alot off of Life is Feudal which I have a number of hours under my belt.

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who? In-game name unknown. Member is TheHuntress.

How do you feel about PVP? Retired Army. Once you done the real stuff, why bother with something that’s no different then woodbeaters playing woodyball? Still, if it comes to it, I will be all fat ass armchair warrior in defending my stuff I put hours into building on this server let alone my other players/personel IC and OOC.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions? Understand fully. No questions as of right now.

1+

Rykoth
    Participant

User Name – Rykoth

RP experience – Since I was 13, and I’m 28 now. Been RPing on everything from email lists, forums, MUDs, NWN, and MMOs. All kinds of RP.

How did you hear about us? – It’s hard not to notice servers being advertised on a forum you’re a blue name on 😛 CE RP of course!

What makes you a good fit for the server? – I enjoy an immersive experience in RP, and the rules encourage that while also discouraging and forbidding people doing things at the expense of peoples out of character enjoyment of the game. Community is important, and you guys seem to offer that. I believe myself to be a community kinda guy!

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who? I know a friend/guildie from ESO is possibly applying to this server. Actually a few of us will be!

How do you feel about PVP? I love it, preferably when there’s actual RP reasons for it.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions? Understand and have zero questions!

1+

Rayna
    Participant

User Name: Rayna

RP experience: 1 year with WoW before moving on to ESO at early release. Nearly 3 years in ESO.

How did you hear about us?: CERP

What makes you a good fit for the server?: I thoroughly enjoy RP and immersing myself in a game. Though I tend to be introvert, once I find a place (guild or group of individuals) I fit well with, I devote myself to that guild/group and help any way I can. I’m loyal to a fault, helpful, and full of laughs.

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who?: Not currently, but some of my guildmates from ESO are looking at joining here.

How do you feel about PVP?: Being my own worst critic I think I suck at it, but I’m willing to bash skulls and put arrows in arses.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions?: Aye, and none at this time.

1+

Shewolf001
    Participant

User Name: Prismia

RP experience: Spent over 8 years RPing on forums. About over an year on AoC, voice RP in LiF and RPing since launch on Elder Scrolls Online.

How did you hear about us? Conan Exiles RP comminity

What makes you a good fit for the server? a couple guildies have closen this server and I trust their judgement, all like-minded folk. Your vison, maturity and rules seems very fair and well thought out.

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who? I don’t know anyone other than my guild friends hoping to join 🙂

How do you feel about PVP? Love it and welcome the challenge. My general attitude. Not a elitist or over thinking when it comes down to it, just a person who seeks to have fun.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions? Indeed all rules are made very clear and simple. I have no questions but if something does pop up, will gives you guys a shout.

1+

Minaya
    Participant

User Name – Minaya (if available, Eronai if not)

RP experience – Started in Star Wars Galaxies, have also RP’d in Guild Wars; Age of Conan; Rift; Star Trek Online; SWTOR; ESO; and currently Guild Wars 2.  I class myself as a casual roleplayer, though I have taken part in larger stories, etc.  and I enjoy figuring out the lore and making my characters as realistic as I can.

How did you hear about us? – CERP Forum

What makes you a good fit for the server? – Experienced roleplayer, looking for somewhere that I can fit in and contribute to a community.  Friendly both IC and OOC and happy to help out if I can.  This will be my first survival game and the RP aspect and the Conan setting are the main appealing factors for me.

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who? – Not yet.  🙂

How do you feel about PVP? – I’m rubbish at it, so I usually avoid it.  I’ll join in if it’s required as part of RP, but I’ll likely be the first to die.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions? – Yes.  Only question is about the times that people would be online as I’m UK-based, hopefully I’ll be around at the same time as other players.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Minaya.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Minaya.
    1+

Nyxe
    Participant

I suppose I should fill this out even though I’m a bit iffy on if I’ll make launch.  Sorry I’ve been a slacker.

User Name

Nyxe (not positive on a character name yet.  Still mulling things over.)

RP experience

I started in a FFRP IRC room back in about 1997 or so?  I then did a lot of forum RP in the Wheel of Time setting.  AoC was the first MMO I RPed in heavily and I haven’t done a ton since other than currently in GW2.

I sort of saw you on the community RP site, but when I was discussing CE with Gorrd he took a look and saw Badger Games and freaked out (in a good way). 😉

I’m never good at these questions, lol.  I think you’re running the kind of rule set and environment I’m interested in.  The RP I’ve seen from those already here and joining has been awesome (I just hope I can keep up, haha!).

I’ve talked to Senorita a bit in PM when asking about the server awhile back.  But otherwise I’ve known a few applicants for years, including Gorrd, Irondrake (Bear) and Agrinja.  I haven’t gamed or RPed with Gideon or Beltane, but I’ve spoken to them a little.

Not a fan at all and I’ll probably try to avoid it unless absolutely necessary to my RP.  I know it’s part of the game and people love it, and I’m completely cool with that and respect that.  Pretty much what Gorrd said in his answer, lol.

Yes, I do.  And no questions right now that I can think of.  🙂

1+

Rovena
    Participant

User Name
    Rovena

Steam User
    dragonofpog

RP experience
    I have been running pen & paper groups for about 20 year. The systems were mostly Shadowrun and a German fantasy system called “Dark Eye”

In MMOs I RPed heavily in WoW, AoC and TSW (The Secret World) while dipping my toes into a lot more games of that genre but never sticking. My longest ongoing RP existence is in TSW where I ran for 3 years a rather well know RP group.

I have been on several LARPs and helped run a few, although my focus is more on (post)(zombie)apocalyptic settings there since they tend to be more player conflict driven in my experience.

I saw your advertisement thread on the conanexilesrp forum.

That’s a good question actually. What you get if you accept me, is a mature, laid back and experienced RPer who probably will be online a lot. I have a healthy IC and OOC separation but am not arrogant enough to claim there would never be some bleedover in one direction of the other.

Does that make me a good fit? Your call.

No, I don’t think so. (But it would not surprise me to find out players I know ended up on this server as well without me realizing.)

I could write a long post about this but in short it boils down to this:

I really enjoy IC conflict. Different faction and/or characters with opposing goals and different means to achieve them. For me it really is what brings a world and the characters within it to live.

Some conflict can be solved by negotiation, charm or other non combat means. But when it comes to combat, the ingame PvP mechanics are the rules to solve it. I’m not a fan of emote fighting in a player character conflict, too often it results in hours of emotes the most stubborn player winning. Like in LARP, I feel in a game like CE players should only play the roles they are able to represent. If you want to play a great warrior, you need to learn the combat mechanics to back that claim up.

That said, I’m not a fan of full grown psychopath characters that just attack everyone on sight. There are situations where an attack without notice is fully acceptable but the characters should have a sound reason for it.

I understand the guidelines and have no further questions. But if they come up, I know where to go and ask them 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Rovena.
    1+

BrazenCommander
    Participant

User Name: BrazenCommander

RP experience: I have effectively been RPing now since the days of Ultima Online. So roughly around 18 years after doing the math just now, Yikes!!! Anyway, I’ve RPed for years in MMORPG settings. While I have done some outside table top my RP has almost been exclusively limited to online gaming as that is what I find the most enjoyable.

How did you hear about us?: I found you on the Conan EXILES Role-play forum

What makes you a good fit for the server?: Not only can I contribute a wealth of quality roleplay experiences but I am looking for a setting with a solid set of server rules like what you have set in place. I believe I will enrich whatever environment is created as well as help to maintain a sociable and productive RP server.

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who?: No, not that I know of. I plan on attempting to drag my RP partner along with me though.

How do you feel about PVP?: No problem with it, neither hate nor love it. I believe it can be a valuable add on to RP and both help hone your skills in a game though.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions?: I completely understand the guidelines laid forth for your server and it is one of the reasons I have chosen to apply for your server. As for any questions, I have already contacted officials privately and had my questions answered!

1+

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘[CLOSED] Conan Exiles Server Application’ is closed to new replies.

Joining This Server

Recruitment Status: Open

Application Process:
Register on this site.
Fill out an application in the thread. [link]
Accept Steam friend request from Cyruskring.
Receive Steam Group invite and password.

Server Contributors

We would like to very warmly thank everyone who has contributed to the server donation fund!