Menu

[CLOSED] Conan Exiles Server Application

This topic contains 72 replies, has 66 voices, and was last updated by  Willow 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author

Cyrus Kring
    Participant

Please use this template to answer the questions and post in this forum.

Every member MUST fill out an application.

User Name

RP experience

How did you hear about us?

What makes you a good fit for the server?

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who?

How do you feel about PVP?

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions?

Your STEAM profile link (must be a link, I will not search for you):

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Cyrus Kring.
    • This topic was modified 1 year ago by  Cyrus Kring.
    • This topic was modified 1 year ago by  Cyrus Kring.
    • This topic was modified 12 months ago by  Boom.

Boom
    Keymaster

User Name 

Senorita Boom

RP experience 

About 8 years of practicing RP in MMORPGS, I’m somewhere in between a one liner and a para rp’er.

Founding member of Badger Gamers

I love rp, survival games, building and the gaming universe.  I enjoy interacting with other people and developing ooc friendships as well as ic friendships and feuds that will enhance everyone’s character progression that is involves.

I know Christopher Badass, but don’t hold that against me.

I usually enjoy pvp very much, but I prefer when there is a reason and motivation.

I understand the rules and guidelines and have no questions at this time.

3+

Users who have liked this topic:

Kaliker
    Participant

User Name:
    Kaliker1

RP experience:
    Been RPing for more or less 10 years, primarily within MMORPG’s but also in a handful of pick up DnD games.

How did you hear about us?:
    Found you all via conanexilesrp.enjin.com.

What makes you a good fit for the server?:
    I have a contributing nature when it comes to me joining in with groups – i always want to help where i can. Likewise, i am very open-minded when it comes to accepting and participating in forms of gameplay that i may have not previously. I also enjoy helping others get into RP; beit it involving them in a story or teaching them to RP. I’ll admit that this is my first survival game, aside from dabbling in 7 Days to Die.

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who?:
    I have been gaming with Senorita Boom, Christopher Badass, and Tracker for the past few weeks.

How do you feel about PVP?:

I’ll admit that i have participated in it while playing MMORPG’s like GW2 and SWTOR but never really considered myself a PvPer. With that said, i have an active interest in it and look forward to exploring it within Conan: Exiles so long as there is good reason.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions?:
    I understand the rules and guidelines as they are stated, but have no questions at this time.

3+

Northman
    Participant

User Name: (6) Northman, Frothnor, Frothnar, Tarmous, Arkvods and Zack

RP experience: 7-8 yrs for me and Frothi. Zack 5-7 years? Less than 1 year for Frothnar. Tarmous 5+ years. Arkvok 5+ years

Via the Conan RP site.

We’re good community and respect the RP styles of those around us. Plus we love to RP-PvP.

I, Northman, have been getting to know only a few of you guys. So far I have met Christopher Badass and Senorita Boom.

Yes please. May we have some more?

Yes. No questions.

PS Sorry about doing the application for Frothi, Frothnar, Tarmous and Zack but they’re shy or hate websites. Not sure which one but it’s easier this way. It’s like herding cats.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Northman. Reason: Added 1 more applicant
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Northman.
    2+

Delta
    Participant

User Name:

Delta

RP experience:

I have been roleplaying in various games and formats, anything from games like ESO, World of Warcraft to survival games (which are mainly DayZ and Ark) on various servers.

Conan Exiles RP (Enjin)

I’ll might turn the question around with the answer, the server is a good fit to me because it seems that you guys don’t shy away from PvP, now you might wonder, why would it matter from a RP perspective and that’s something I’ll try to explain down below.

But, what can I offer for the server and its community? When it comes for RP, I can offer interesting character ideas, events and plotlines (which are inclusive for folks who are interested) but something else I can offer the community is immersion – 100% In-character when logged on.

Not really!

I believe that PvP is something which should be embraced in RP (and although I have my preferences and my own taste, PvP is something I will never force on anyone).

Edit: I realized I forget to put this part in, silly me! 

The reason why I believe PvP is important and matter in RP is because I believe that RP is about also immersion – a farmer who for example takes care of his farm and prepare his harvest, maybe to eventually sell it to a passerby merchant or sell it on a market in a nearby city, maybe this merchant hires mercenaries to act as guards for his caravan with the gold he got from the farmer’s crops?

I understand and know that there’s some who simply don’t enjoy PvP and that’s something as I will never force upon someone.

Yup! (I will abide by the rules of the site and the community and I expect nothing but a swift kick in the butt if I fail).

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Delta.
    1+

Ivanko (Qutah)
    Participant

User Name

Ivanko if I choose Cimmerian, although I’m really feeling Stygian so will have a name appropriate

RP experience

I RP’d on a limited basis in Age of Conan with a few different groups. Looking back I was more into dealing with a strong case of alt-itis and gear progression at the time, and never really felt like I was contributing much to the scenarios we did, and I wish I would have done more. With the announcement of this game, the way its designed for immersion including the religion system, it sounds like the perfect opportunity to practice and get better at role playing.

I spent a number of hours on various forums looking for a group and server that that matched what I was looking for out of the game and came across the conanexilesrp.com site which led me here.

I’ve always been a ‘helper’ in the guilds/groups I’ve been in over the years. I want to experience everything this game has to offer and contribute accordingly, and am more than happy to help and do what ever it takes to do that, and of course have fun along the way. In addition, everything described about the server looks like it’s exactly what I’m looking for, and it sounds like the rules/laws set in place are a match for my value system.

A few messages exchanged with Senorita Boom on the conanexilesrp.com site, and looking forward to hopefully meeting more.

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198358588534/

I enjoy PVP, and have done a lot of it over the years. Depending on the game and class, I consider myself average, with a record in most MMO games being around 60-65% k/d ratio. As I get older I’m finding that my reaction time isn’t what it used to be (I blame the keyboard), so I don’t do as much anymore, but I never shy away from encounters or matches if guildies need an extra. Some of my most fun time was doing AoC sieges, and this game has that on many different levels which I’m excited about, especially with a group of friends.

I understand the rules and guidelines /signed. I don’t have any questions now, but I know I will, and from the looks and sounds of it this group is open to answer any silly newb questions I’ll likely have. Thanks!

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Ivanko (Qutah). Reason: added steam info
    1+

Mason Winchell
    Participant

User Name

Monsoon Wind-Chill

RP experience

Been around RP for as long as I can remember, whether it be D&D or anything else.

Not sure, I think I was born here or something?

Imagine a puzzle that’s almost done, but you lost a piece and it’s right in the center, I’m that piece.

Not really…I think I might Know Cyrus and Boom, along with Kaliker and Northman.

Always fun, so long as both parties are down.

Yes. No.

1+

Gorrd
    Participant

User Name

Gorrd

RP experience

I’ve been doing tabletop gaming and RP since the 80’s, and have been doing MMORP since 2007, beginning with LOTRO and moving through a number of other games doing so: Age of Conan, Fallen Earth, Rift, SWTOR, Wildstar, FF14, WoW. I was an RP officer in two different guilds over time, and have both hosted and participated in many dozens of RP events.

I was pointed at CERP by an old guildie of mine from Age of Conan, and once I realized who the Badgers were, I had to look.

I’ve got plenty of RP experience, and I know about building communities and keeping them going, in good times and tougher times.

I knew Boom and Anukshep from Fallen Earth before they were Badgers, and I miss that group terribly. I also know a couple of the other applicants, including Nyxe, who I consider an old friend and endless source of RP news.

I feel that it demands respect from all participants, or else it’s a bunch of 12-year-olds flinging rocks and poor vocabulary at each other from the safety of their anonymous screens.  I traditionally have avoided MMOPVP because it attracts some of the worst immature douchebaggery and hypocrisy in a player base; I generally prefer the practice in such games as Battlefield, Call of Duty and the like, where people are there expressly to PVP and there’s literally no other reason to play.  I am fine with PVP when it serves a narrative purpose and is with mature people, but I admit to very, very low tolerance of the Ganker mentality, especially in a game where I wish to RP.  I understand the role of it in Exiles, however, and will play it as long as it remains part of the overall game experience and not just a haven for people who really ought to be punched in RL instead.

Since the plan for the server’s settlements seem to be very extensive, I’m most curious about how we plan to get there, and cooperate to bring the settlement/city into actual being, and how it will impact RP around its gradual construction.

1+

Riven
    Participant

User Name

Riven

RP experience

I started doing tabletop D&D rp years and years ago.  I have rp’ed in a few games now, including WoW, Guild Wars 2, SWTOR and FFXIV.   I have run weekly rp events in both WoW and FFXIV.   I have experience rp’ing with a lot of different types of players and characters, from ones who say only one word, to one line to multi-para rp’ers.  I rp with them all!

In WoW, I ran a weekly “free clinic” for about 5 years where the group ran into all sorts of health issues. From characters to pets to things we just couldn’t describe, we took care of them all.  I think the players took it as a challenge to see if they could break the healers there and make them go hmmm.

In FFXIV I ran a weekly “Operations Meeting” for a bit over a year.  My character was a soldier and in charge of a group of other soldiers, including one who wore the shortest skirts she could find and claimed it was for mobility purposes.  How are you going to argue that?  They certainly did lend to mobility.

I was pointed to CERP by a friend and then they pointed me here!

I have always been a big gathering/building/crafting type.  I have always managed to work that aspect into whatever character I have made, so can definitely help build that city!   I can help grow the community in both a crafter/builder way and rp’ing with others, especially those that are new to it.  I love to rp and love to get to know people and their characters.

I was pointed here by Gorrd.  But, I hope to get to know many more!  🙂

I like pvp but, I am not the best at it.  I do fairly well in a group pvp setting but, if you ask me to duel, I will be hiding behind a door with a big pan to whap you over the head with as you walk through.  That is my only hope of winning a duel.  I will happily participate in group pvp though and will be cheering the whole time behind my monitor at all the bone crushing abilities of my team.

I do prefer a reason behind my pvp though and Exiles seems to lend a pretty valid reason.   I do not particularly like someone ganking people all over just because they can with on reason other than “HAHA I rekt u!”   That hurts my rp soul.

I do.   Not at this time but, possibly in the future!

2+

Tracker
    Participant

User Name:
    Tracker

RP experience

Noob….though allegedly I started almost 3 years ago in ESO.  (“It’s a lie” I say “a lie!”)

As an avid PVE-er, I accidentally wondered into an RP guild at ESO’s launch.  They did not kick me out, and I was too dumb to leave.  Through the kindness (pity?) of the guild, they taught me all I know about RP. (Boom will tell you not to blame her, but please blame away…)

Lord only knows.

Yep  *nods head vigorously and points at Boom and Badass*

*sigh*  I am not a huge fan, but if we use it as an rp vehicle, I will follow along.

I have absolutely no clue and will need constant reminding.  🙂

2+

Graveside Dave
    Participant

User Name
    Graveside Dave

RP experience
    Roughly 18 years now. Scattered amongst table tops, larps, and online. I’d still only say a mediocre RP’er.

I saw a forum post about seven years ago, in a dusty old apocalypse.

I’m mischievous like a badger. I also enjoy a good creative collaboration.

I sure do. I’m looking at you head honchos.

Tend to stay away from it when alone. But when with allies I get the blood lust.

Don’t be a dick bag. Not a problem

3+

Northman
    Participant

Added 1 more to my application.

1+

TheHuntress
    Participant

User Name

TheHuntress

RP experience

More than 15 years experience with Roleplaying in various settings from Tabletop to Online games

CE Roleplayer Community (name there is Huntress)

Enjoy roleplay, wolrd building, Sandbox style games and building with in them love hanging out socially with people.

Nope I don’t at the moment.

I’m alright with PvP, but don’t do a lot of it outside of roleplay scenarios that require it.

I understand them. No questions at the moment.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  TheHuntress.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  TheHuntress.
    1+

industrythirteen
    Participant

NOTE: I may have two other people apping with me. I’ll update this space as soon as I wrangle them.

Update: This guy is one of mine.

User Name

Kauket (Steamname is iNDUSTRY13)

RP experience

I’ve RP’d since approximately 2010 in MMORPGs, with chat-based and table-top based RP before then; with my most active communities being SWTOR, FF14 and BDO, followed by AION, GW2, and Wildstar.

I’ve a friend from SWTOR (to be motioned below) who I’d seen pop onto the CERP site. We started chatting, and he told me about his history with members of Badger Gamers. I decided to check out the listing. I will be passing along the listing to my friends as well.

For a while now, I’ve been advocating for what I call Slice-of-Life roleplay, in which the roleplay focuses on the day-to-day existence and struggles of simply living within the world. ‘Who gathers food? Who makes the clothes? How are we going to make an adequate shelter? The latrine does not clean itself. Laundry needs to be done. The settlement needs to be protected.’ All those questions that need to be answered and the problems need to be attended to. A survival game like Conan Exiles looks to be set up for just that very sort of roleplay.

I am happy to see the the Badger Gamers server rules reflect exactly that, through and through, even down to the handling of physical conflicts through PVP, and expectations of player conduct.

The friend I mentioned above is Gorrd.

I enjoy pvp. I wouldn’t say I’m an excellent PVPer, but average. I’ve been a little bit sour over the years that conflicts have arisen in roleplay in many MMORPGs, and there wasn’t any real way to solve them when things inevitably got physical. There were too many barriers in the way of slugging it out outside of emote fights (of which I’m bored to the point of feeling sick over it) or by way of restrictive game mechanics, or pride and posturing. I am pleased to see, per the rules, that if someone is going to throw their weight around, they better back it up. This is something I’ve been advocating for ages through my own roleplay.

I understand and fully embrace the rules.

One question comes to mind. Are there any plans for any server-specific lore that works within the established Conan universe and stated time period?

2+

Darius the Wanderer
    Participant

User Name – RabidPenguin

RP experience – Been RPing online since UO. Before that in table top games. Lots and lots of RP time. Heck I even RP a bit in single player games for the fun of it. Hehe.

How did you hear about us? Conan Exiles RP on Enjin

What makes you a good fit for the server? This server sounds like it’s the right mix of focus on RP and dealing with the consequences of your RP actions. I like that perma-death is consensual but that it is a possibility if the story demands it. I like to stay IC 100% of the time so I fit there as well. As for me, I am a friendly RPer who enjoys helping other people tell their stories. This how, hopefully, my own story is told also. The best stories include people and while there may be a main character, in a game like this with limited server slots, many can be the main character at different times. I don’t really need the spotlight. I just need the RP.

Do you know someone on the server? If so, who? No. Or not that I know of anyway.

How do you feel about PVP? RP should have consequences and sometimes those consequences are PVP. Like most RPers, I hate pointless PvP unless it’s simply all in good fun. I don’t gank people and my own PvP must come out of the RP that is happening. PvP adds a nice dynamic when everyone can enjoy it together.

Do you understand our rules and guidelines? Do you have any questions? I believe that I do and I don’t have any questions at this time.

1+

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘[CLOSED] Conan Exiles Server Application’ is closed to new replies.

Joining This Server

Recruitment Status: Open

Application Process:
Register on this site.
Fill out an application in the thread. [link]
Accept Steam friend request from Cyruskring.
Receive Steam Group invite and password.

Server Contributors

We would like to very warmly thank everyone who has contributed to the server donation fund!