Menu

[CLOSED] Amarnaset Application

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Brandon Roth 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Cyrus Kring
    Participant

While most dealings of the city and it’s inhabitants will be dealt with in-character, please fill out this short questionnaire and post here.

Character Name

Profession

What role do you want to fulfill in our city?

Do you understand the premise of the city and it’s inhabitants? Do you have any questions?

How would your character describe themselves? (please answer IC’ly)

Boom
    Keymaster

Character Name

Hemekthes A-lop-lop

Profession

Temptress.

Hemekthes’ ambition knows no bounds.

Do you understand the premise of the city and it’s inhabitants? Do you have any questions?

I understand the premise of the city and its inhabitants, and understand my place in it as a Gallah Kushite.  I have no questions!

I am the lioness, sleek and quiet as she hunts for the pride.  I am the cobra, swift and venomous with her strike.  I am the sun that rises and brings forth warmth and bounty.  I am the mighty Styx that floods your fields and gives rise to growth.  I am the desert wind that whispers secrets into your ear.  I am power and I am eternity.

1+

Users who have liked this topic:

Gorrd
    Participant

Character Name

Gryttr

Profession

Stonemason and gamehunter.

If the Exile’s choice is between death by blazing sands or survival within the dominion of the southerners, then for now, Gryttr, bondsman of the stone, will abide amongst the dusky ones, shaping the rock by hammer, will and chisel, as he has always done, for it is his path to endure, as does the mountain. By the fruits of his own labor, and the strength of stone against sand, will he live.

I have read of the city’s theme, and am curious how it will arise from the nothingness of the empty sands.

“You think me broken? The volva who took my father’s life thought so, and so with time’s passing she became lax, and with but the tap of the hammer to her skull, did I restore myself. You think me cowed? I was not beaten by force of arms, but waylaid only by the slinking cowardice of dogs pretending to be men, who had not the courage to look me in the eye ere they struck. You think me tamed? Iron held my wrists, my legs, my neck, but iron, like the will of brigands and rogues,  erodes, and crumbles long before the boulder; patience and hard time found the crack in my captor’s ways, and thus did she fall, her blood staining the sand with the smell and color of rust. You think me vanquished? Her disdainful thralls did so as well, and laughed as they bound me to the wood, an example to gawking and petty snake-lovers, as if they could laugh me into eternity. And yet, I endured, and fate found me worthy in my strength and patience, and thus do I still speak.  Gawk at me, if you wish, as they did – marvel at my pale locks, envy the strength in my sinews, let your mouth dry if it should hang open at my height; others before you have done so. But know that I endure. I am Gryttr, shaper of stone and shaped by it, and your stinging sands know the truth – that once, they too were stone, and they will not kill me. I endure.”

2+

Kaliker
    Participant

Character Name

Kaliker

Profession

Possible Farmer / Possible Raider (RP will ultimately dictate profession)

Without knowing how RP will steer actual progression, I imagine Kaliker being an active contributor to the cities needs – especially in the beginning. He isn’t one to easily back down from an opportunity to contribute and bring value to his own existence, so he will do what is required of him. This could be gathering wood to help build the city, protecting caravans from raiders or raiding enemy factions for supplies and slaves. However, his history compliments him fulfilling the needs of both the farmer and soldier/raider.

I do understand the premise of the city and its inhabitants, however I do not have any questions at the moment.

“I am a man without a set path. Behind me, years of war and peace have tempered my soul to the point that I want for both. I wish for redemption for the deeds that I have committed, but accept that I must commit more if I am to survive those around me. And though I may seem as though a man living an unfortunate existence, mark my words – What you might see as the unforgiving sands, an exiled land – I see an opportunity to flourish and forge my own path.”

2+

Altan
    Participant

Character Name

Batukhojin

Profession 

Steppe Nomad/Shaman

Being of a very self sufficient, self reliant tribal culture Batu naturally has a set of skills needed to survive in harsh terrain, including horsemanship, archery/hunting, and herbalism/medicine. I could see him primarily as a healer of ails, whether physical wounds, corruption, or spiritual ailment, he would apply his rather strange methods to heal those in need. Being a Hyrkanian he was also taught to ride before he could walk, and has spent his whole life around horses, he also knows how to use the bow. As such he may also make a fine horse tamer or hunter.(Based on how game mechanics work.)

I do understand, however I have but one question. Is this city an already built place ICly? Or do we have the pleasure of helping to make it what it will be?

“I am Batu, child of the Steppe, child of the everlasting sky. Once I was shaman to a large tribe, and served a powerful Khan. My wealth was vast, measured in many horses, all under the great blue sky was ours for the taking, ours for plundering.”

“But now fate has turned for the worst. Now I have nothing, surely death would have been a kinder fate than to be exiled to these lands.”

“But I am alive, and must be here for a reason. Just like the everlasting sky I will endure!”

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Altan.
    1+

Cyrus Kring
    Participant

There are blueprints for a great city but it is not yet built.

Boom
    Keymaster

To elaborate a little on what Cyrus said…

About four of us have been RP’ing our Exiles characters a bit in other games for a little while. The plan is for those characters to converge on the smoldering ruins of Amarnaset (at least in our backstories). In game, we’ll have a shabby outpost somewhere to act as the ruins so that we can store materials and build our basics like workshops, put down our bedrolls, etc.

The actual building of the city will be a guild collaboration. We want it to be loosely based on the capital city of Shumballa (Meroë). The blueprints he mentioned was something of an RP thing where there was plans to expand the village before it got torched, but we actually do have a reference. Here’s a diagram I put together as a working vision, although I know some compromises have to be made for terrain, elevation, etc. We also plan to utilize vertical building of course. Also, we know that folks will have ideas for additions, so there will be room for creative expression and expansion.

4+

Riven
    Participant

Character Name

Meshkehra

Profession

Gatherer of goods/Trader of said goods

Every city needs someone that knows how to acquire items.  Be it staple food items for the survival of the citizens or the rare bauble.  Everyone needs or wants something.   Not everyone is willing to soil their hands to gather the needed goods or soil their souls for the wanted items. Meshkarah is that one.  For the right price, of course.

I have read about the city and really like the idea.  No questions at this time but, I have no doubt that some will form when the game is actually in full swing.

“They thought to crush me, taking mine and throwing me away.  But, you can never crush opportunity.  For where there are people, there are needs and wants.  The needs are quite easy, simply really.   The wants though, they are the challenge.  Where there is a want, there is greed.  Do not underestimate the greed in a man’s heart.  This greed provides all the opportunity needed to make my way once more.   So come, tell me what it is you want.”

2+

Velvet Brier
    Participant

Character Name: Karrik

Profession: Sellsword

What role do you want to fulfill in our city?: IC-ly – a mercenary , OOC-ly – gatherer, builder, general helper

Do you understand the premise of the city and it’s inhabitants? Do you have any questions?: I do and it seems simple enough. I enjoy the mechanics of survival games, the gathering, building, exploring parts of them and to do that with roleplay seams pretty awesome.

How would your character describe themselves? (please answer IC’ly): What is there to tell? <laughs> As long as there have been those who wish to keep the hems of their robes lily white when blood must be split, there have been men like me who care not about a little mess. The crimes written on my placard? Yes I committed them and many more too. I am a dog, a rake, an assassin and a thief. I will deflower your sons and lead your daughters into debauchery, I will start fights with livestock perhaps take a man’s ear for touching my drink. Cross me and my hand with touch steel and I won’t fight fair. I am a liar and a scoundrel and a scourge. < leans in with a wicked grin> But I could be -your- scoundrel and in a place like this, everyone could use a devil like me by their side.

3+

Shewolf001
    Participant

Character Name: Osk

Profession: Raider, Gatherer, Sellsword

What role do you want to fulfill in our city? Point a sharp sword in a direction and she shall sing you. Osk is simple northwoman and no task is so great with the promise of ale.

Do you understand the premise of the city and it’s inhabitants? Do you have any questions? I understand very well, have had a tour of your vast city.

How would your character describe themselves? (please answer IC’ly) Glaring twin glaciers of eyes towards the inquisitor with a flutter of anguish “there was once a time; can you imagine me sitting here adorned with mail welded from gleaming coins on my breast?” believe truth of the wolf or not, Osk turned away nostrils flared like a dragon breathing ought but smoke “aye those days have past now and you will find me with trophies not of gold but of flesh and bone. Those are worth me til the screams drown out the others.”

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Shewolf001.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Shewolf001.
    1+

Cyrus Kring
    Participant

Feel free to send a request to join the Amarnaset group if you haven’t already, Osk.

Brandon Roth
    Participant

Character Name:  Runihura

Profession:  Overtly a Hunter/Gatherer, secretly black market trading/mercenary

What role do you want to fulfill in our city?:  Will sell & trade materials collected from hunting and gathering in the wilds.  Mostly on a contribution level to the city/economy.

Do you understand the premise of the city and it’s inhabitants? Do you have any questions?:  Yes!  I love the idea, and want to be a part of it’s growth and depth.  How can I help?

How would your character describe themselves?:  Information?  Rare goods?  Maybe you just need someone to… disssssappear…  All things are possible, if you pay the right price.  The people of Amarnaset ssssssee what I allow them to see.  Runihura the quiet lord; focused hunter of the desert, harmlessssss…   It’s the dark corners of the world I seek.  Visions of riches and blood, flowing forth from the darkness.  The great serpent smiles upon me.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Brandon Roth.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Joining This Server

Recruitment Status: Open

Application Process:
Register on this site.
Fill out an application in the thread. [link]
Accept Steam friend request from Cyruskring.
Receive Steam Group invite and password.

Server Contributors

We would like to very warmly thank everyone who has contributed to the server donation fund!